Friday, August 7, 2009

Back At It Again

Been out a bunch over the past several weeks and all I can say is that the rivers are in damn good shape around here and the fish are nice and healthy. Haven't had anything monsterous this season, but lots of nice 20"+ fish, just nothing pushing the 26" hero mark yet.

That's going to change this fall I have a feeling, with the rivers set to be the healthiest they've been in at least the last 10 years we should be seeing some of the best late season fishing in a long time and I'm stoked.
Get a look at this nice 21-22" brown that Dave got on the Yellowstone, fish was all about eating a streamer. (By the way that's how you tell how big a fish actually is... put a tape on it!) Stroked a few other fish this year on some smaller patterns, haven't had any really big fish chasing the big food items just yet, partly due to the fact that we've had some super high flows for most of the summer. Just wait... I'll be waiting with my 9 & 10 weights and 10" long flies, I'll be seeing you Mr. Brown Trout.

No comments: