Monday, October 5, 2009

Oh Hello Fall, There You Are...

Finally, with some nasty weather behind us and in front of us, we can officially say "Fall is here in Montana" and thank god for that. I can't take anymore sunshine and 80's in what's supposed to be streamer stripping time.


There's a few of these guys in the river right now, no wonder browns and rainbows love chowing on these things, I love sculpins almost as much as I love, well we'll just leave it there...

The first storm came through and dropped a few rainbows in the net on streamers, all rainbows, no browns. Dissapointing, and you can see by this guys jaw, he's had a tussle or two with flies.

Baetis were the rule of the day and so once the hatch popped, guess who wasn't eating streamers anymore? That's right the entire river, oh well, swinging soft hackles is sort of like streamer fishing, well not really, ok not at all except for the tug on the line. Here we go fall, I'm waiting brown trout, it's time to munch meat...

1 comment:

JR said...

Kris,

I enjoy this blog as well as visiting your store every few weeks. I stop by every time I am low on ammo and don't have time to get on the vise. I've been fishing the wounded rainbow and know a big guy is gonna find it soon.

I really relate to your shop and your mentality. I am a streamer guy and don't get the sometimes common "stuck up" vibe from you guys. Thats refreshing.

I entered a few pics in the contest. They didn't turn out that great but I am floating the Jeffy on Halloween so I'll have one more shot.

I also have kids (3 of them) My 7 year old loves fishing. Check out our blog if you like modest writing about mostly modest fish...

Jake R

www.onthefly2009.blogspot.com