Saturday, June 7, 2008

Apologies for the Absence


Well... I haven't been able to get out as much as I'd like and the last few times we've been out I haven't drug a camera along either. So I haven't had anything to bring to you the past couple of weeks.

And now I'm engaged with a baby on the way June 20th so I haven't been able to leave more than 30 minutes from town and with nearly all the rivers in our area raging from runoff, that leaves me with a recipe for not much fishing...

All that will change once the baby comes and I can finally go on a fishing trip further than my own backyard. Then I'll bring you some good pics of some big fish on streamers and Salmonflies, because it will be that time.

But here's a couple of photos and a little lesson on high and dirty water for you.
You can never underestimate the willingness of brown trout to feed on streamers no matter how little visibility there is or how much water is ripping down stream. These are my buddies fishing Beartrap Canyon with nearly 4,500CFS ripping out of the dam in the background.

Nice fish Brett, and amazingly he wasn't even fishing 5x this time...

No comments: